A Scientific Data Management System (SDMS) is used for collecting, cataloguing and storing data generated by and in a scientific lab in electronic format. It is designed to handle unstructured and heterogeneous electronic data from systems like LIMS and ELN. SDMS can be used by any type of laboratory- clinical, pharmaceutical, research etc- to achieve and ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance.
The 8 Go-to resources in this respect are-
What can an SDMS explorer do?
- Restore data with original instrument software structure
- View files based on data source
- View metafiles, version files, download files and manually upload files.
- It helps in building a single source of truth by capturing and securely storing instrument generated files, both raw and meta.
- It provides 100% accuracy while interfacing instruments as they have analytical and clinical instruments that gives data integrity confidence level let alone the automation benefits.
- The benefit of tagging, viewing, capturing templates, setting up hierarchy templates and data helps in viewing data in a more informative manner.
- The function of extracting valuable data using parsing and recognition technology is an important aspect of the Scientific Data Management System.
- It reduces cycle times and automates the approval process, test methods and product specifications by creating custom workflows to ensure the security of document viewership.
- It is a browser-based, service-oriented architecture that is a central data repository for start-up enterprises and is highly scalable to meet data volume challenges.
- It aids in conducting an audit by making sure that data is credible, usable, secure and matches the data provided beforehand.
- Some other aspects are- it provides seamless instrument connectivity, ensures robust data capture and end to end encryption and integrity.